rning Java Programming language.
Why to Learn java Programming?
Java is a MUST for students and working professionals to become a great Software Engineer specially when they are working in Software Development Domain. I will list down some of the key advantages of learning Java Programming:
- Object Oriented − In Java, everything is an Object. Java can be easily extended since it is based on the Object model.
- Platform Independent − Unlike many other programming languages including C and C++, when Java is compiled, it is not compiled into platform specific machine, rather into platform independent byte code. This byte code is distributed over the web and interpreted by the Virtual Machine (JVM) on whichever platform it is being run on.
- Simple − Java is designed to be easy to learn. If you understand the basic concept of OOP Java, it would be easy to master.
- Secure − With Java’s secure feature it enables to develop virus-free, tamper-free systems. Authentication techniques are based on public-key encryption.
- Architecture-neutral − Java compiler generates an architecture-neutral object file format, which makes the compiled code executable on many processors, with the presence of Java runtime system.
- Portable − Being architecture-neutral and having no implementation dependent aspects of the specification makes Java portable. Compiler in Java is written in ANSI C with a clean portability boundary, which is a POSIX subset.
- Robust − Java makes an effort to eliminate error prone situations by emphasizing mainly on compile time error checking and runtime ch
Java is a high-level programming language originally developed by Sun Microsystems and released in 1995. Java runs on a variety of platforms, such as Windows, Mac OS, and the various versions of UNIX. This tutorial gives a complete understanding of Java. This reference will take you through simple and practical approaches while leaecking.
Below is the complete guide as to how to get started with Java and make yourself proficient in it.
- About Java: Before taking your step, the most important thing to do is to get the answer of all WHYs. Here it refers to the questions like WHAT IS JAVA, WHY IT IS POPULAR, WHAT ARE ITS FEATURES, etc etc. By digging into the mentioned article, you will not only learn the important things about Java but also you will understand how to start learning it.Learn about Java here: Java Tutorial on How to start learning Java
- Java Environment: To work on any programming language, one first needs to know about its environment. Environment refers to the circumstances where a programming language works and how that program works. Java runs on a JVM environment. Click on the mentioned article to know more about JVM, its architecture and how it works.Learn about JVM here: Java Tutorial on JVM
- Java Programming Basics: To become proficient in any programming language, one Firstly needs to understand the basics of that language. Therefore, this article will give you in-depth knowledge of the basics of Java in a very simple format.By reading this article, you will get the to topics from how to set up the Java Environment to the details about its coding.Learn about Java Programming Basics here: Java Tutorial on Java Programming Basics
- Object Oriented Programming (OOPs) Concept in Java: Java is an object-oriented programming language. OOP makes the complete program simpler by dividing it into a number of objects. The objects can be used as a bridge to have data flow from one function to another. We can easily modify data and function as per the requirement. Hence learning about OOPs concepts makes a very important step in learning Java.Learn about OOPs concepts in Java here: Java Tutorial on Object Oriented Programming (OOPs) Concept in Java
- Classes and Objects in Java: Classes and Objects are basic concepts of Object Oriented Programming which revolve around the real-life entities and Java Programming. It means that to implement anything in Java, Classes and objects are made. This article will give you an insight about Classes and Objects and also help you relate it to the real world.Learn about Classes and Objects in Java here: Java Tutorial on Classes and Objects in Java
- Constructors in Java: In Order to efficiently use Classes and Objects, one needs to know about the Constructors in Java. Constructors are used to initialize the object’s state. Like methods, a constructor also contains collection of statements(i.e. instructions) that are executed at time of Object creation.Learn about Constructors in Java here: Java Tutorial on Constructors in Java
- Methods in Java: A method is a collection of statements that perform some specific task and return result to the caller. A method can perform some specific task without returning anything. Methods allow us to reuse the code without retyping the code. In Java, every method must be part of some class which is different from languages like C, C++ and Python. Methods are time savers and help us to reuse the code without retyping the code. This not only makes methods an important part of Java but also a must learn topic for learners.Learn about Methods in Java here: Java Tutorial on Methods in Java
- Strings in Java: Strings are defined as an array of characters. Java, unlike other programming languages, provides a very easy implementation of Strings which can be learnt even by a beginner. Hover over this mentioned article to learn in depth about the Strings in Java.Learn about Strings in Java here: Java Tutorial on Strings in Java
- Arrays in Java: An array is a group of like-typed variables that are referred to by a common name. Arrays in Java work differently than they do in C/C++. To know more, refer the mentioned article.Learn about Arrays in Java here: Java Tutorial on Arrays in Java
- Collections in Java: A Collection is a group of individual objects represented as a single unit. Java provides Collection Framework which defines several classes and interfaces to represent a group of objects as a single unit. Java Collection Framework is not the most important part in learning Data Structures and Algorithms, but also it is the most useful module in a programming languageLearn about Collections in Java here: Java Tutorial on Collections in Java
- Generics in Java: Generics in Java is similar to templates in C++. The idea is to allow type (Integer, String, … etc and user-defined types) to be a parameter to methods, classes and interfaces. For example, classes like HashSet, ArrayList, HashMap, etc use generics very well. We can use them for any type. So not only Generics makes a very important asset in programming, but it also makes the backbone of writing efficient code as well.Learn about Generics in Java here: Java Tutorial on Generics in Java
- Stream In Java: Introduced in Java 8, the Stream API is used to process collections of objects. A stream is a sequence of objects that support various methods which can be pipelined to produce the desired result. Though this was introduced later in Java, it has gained huge importance in the Java programming very quickly. To be able to work on data fluently in Java, one must learn about the Streams.Learn about Stream In Java here: Java Tutorial on Stream In Java
- Exceptions and Exception Handling in Java: Many a times in the learning of Java till now, you must have come across the word “EXCEPTION”. An exception is an unwanted or unexpected event, which occurs during the execution of a program i.e at run time, that disrupts the normal flow of the program’s instructions. So to develop a module that does not break, one has to learn how to handle exceptions.Learn about Exceptions and Exception Handling in Java here: Java Tutorial on Exceptions and Exception Handling in Java
- Regular Expressions (ReGex) in Java: Though this word might seem new to you, Regular Expression is a very important part of Development. Regular Expressions or Regex (in short) is an API for defining String patterns that can be used for searching, manipulating and editing text. It is widely used to define a constraint on strings such as a password.Learn about Regular Expressions here: Java Tutorial on Regular Expressions (ReGex) in Java
- Multithreading in Java: Multithreading is a Java feature that allows concurrent execution of two or more parts of a program for maximum utilization of CPU. Each part of such a program is called a thread. So, threads are light-weight processes within a process. Though this might seem difficult at first, its a very important part of concurrent programming in Java.Learn about Multithreading in Java here: Java Tutorial on Multithreading in Java
- File Handling in Java: Java too supports file handling and allows users to handle files i.e., to read and write files, along with many other file handling options, to operate on files. The concept of file handling has stretched over various other languages, but the implementation is either complicated or lengthy, but alike other concepts of Java, this concept here is also easy and short.Learn about File Handling in Java here: Java Tutorial on File Handling in Java
- Packages in Java: Package in Java is a mechanism to encapsulate a group of classes, sub packages and interfaces. In other words, a package in Java refers to a collection of classes, interfaces, abstract classes, and exceptions that will help in a module in Java programming.